What is vitiligo?
Vitiligo is a skin color loss condition the pigment cells of the skin, melanocytes, are destroyed in certain areas that are the white spots. The color loss of depigmented, or white, white patches of skin show on any location on the patient body. It can be focal and localized to only one area, or it may affect several areas on the body.
The exact cause of vitiligo is still unknown, although most doctors believe that is an autoimmune condition in which the patient's immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys certain cells within the vitiligo body.
Features of vitiligo
1. Most people with vitiligo will develop the relative condition prior to age 40; about half of the patients will develop it before age 20.
2. Vitiligo with is family heredity.
3. Vitiligo is sometimes associated with thyroid dysfunction.
4. Vitiligo is not painful or itching; however, it may cause emotional and psychological consequences.
5. Some medical treatments and medications can reduce the white spots, but it can be difficult to treat with a temporary effect.
The causes of vitiligo
Although the vitiligo is still unknown about the real cause of vitiligo, but it is widely treated as a auto-immune disorder. The other causes include pressure, infection, injury, and so on.
The heredity is also a troublesome problem of vitiligo, it is possible to prevent. The family members should pay enough caution to it and don’t eat too much Vitamin C, then the condition may be prevented.
Although vitiligo patients all show white spots on skin, there are different types and stages. So we should treat the vitiligo based on different stage and types, then the vitiligo can show a faster effect. If you want a comprehensive knowledge of vitiligo, you can consult our online doctor. And you can also send your own problems to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you a professional solution as soon as possible.