The vitiligo is a stubborn and complex skin disease, before the treatment patients need check it in a professional vitiligo hospital. And then you can get the treatment from the specialized vitiligo hospital. Before the treatment, the examination is the most important part of the whole treatment. You should find out the pathological mechanism of your vitiligo and get proper treatment suitable for your condition.
(1) There are white spot of different size, single or multiple irregular white spot on hair, face, body and limbs. The white spot area will gradually enlarge and the number will increase.
(2) The border of the white patches is clear. The hair around white patches may also be white. The surface is smooth without scale or scab. And the feeling and secretion are both normal.
(3) The white spot is comparatively sensitive and will become red after exposure under sun for a long time.
(4)The histopathology examination: But the histological change is related to the melanin cell destruction. Observed in the earlier period of inflammation ding is called vitiligo uplift edges of skin edema. In intradermal skin ,we see lymphocytes and cells infiltrating. The vitiligo damage is the main change of the reduction of melanin and even its disappearance.
For patients whose early pigment is not complete and whose edge is unclear, it must be distinguished with white pityriasis, versicolor tinea, leprosy in shallow spots, discoid lupus erythematosus , anemia moles, no pigment nevus.
For example,the nevus anemicus: It is bureau decreased pigment spots rather than depigmentation. It starts in the childhood without the tendency to spread. With friction the mucosa place is not red while the normal skin is red.
Therefore, before treatment and using some medicine, you should check and diagnose your disease first.
The classification of vitiligo:
1. In development period: The white spot will increase and the white spot will transfer and enlarge to normal skin. The boundary will be unclear. It can enlarge for the external medicine stimulation. Some patients can also get new spot because of mechanical irritation, such as pressure and friction(tights, belt and etc), or they will get isomorphic reaction. Other factors includes burns, sunburn, frostbite, radiation, and infection. Even worse, the disease will spread to the whole body.
2. In stable period: The white spot will stop developing. The border is clear and the pigment will . At this period, the white spot will not get isomorphic reaction fro the use of external medicine or mechanical irritation. Therefore, patients can choose strong irritation external medicine with photosensitization, which will make stability spot become better. In the improved period, the boundary will become clear and the pigment will deepen. The white spot will gradually decrease.